The history of Edgewood can be traced to the Puyallup Indian tribe that lived along the Puyallup River. Dr. William Tolmie, a Scotsman working for the Hudson’s Bay Company, passed through Edgewood in 1833 soon after becoming Chief Trader at Fort Nisqually. Tolmie had arrived at Fort Vancouver by ship from Britain in May 1833.
Edgewood was officially incorporated on February 28, 1996.
The Edgewood and Milton areas are also known informally as North Hill. This contrasts with the South Hill area on the opposite side of the Puyallup River valley.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.42 square miles (21.81 km2), of which, 8.41 square miles (21.78 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 9,387 people, 3,609 households, and 2,697 families living in the city. The population density was 1,116.2 inhabitants per square mile (431.0/km2). There were 3,801 housing units at an average density of 452.0 per square mile (174.5/km2).
Most areas in Edgewood are in the boundary for Puyallup Schools. Some portions of Edgewood are in the Fife Schools, or the Sumner Schools depending on the location.
There are 4 schools located in Edgewood: Alice V. Hedden Elementary which is part of the Fife School District, Northwood Elementary and Mountain View Elementary which are part of the Puyallup School District, and Edgemont Junior High, which is part of the Puyallup school district as well. Source: (Wikipedia)